photo revised-menu-bar-kim_01.png photo revised-menu-bar-kim_02.png photo revised-menu-bar-kim_03.png photo revised-menu-bar-kim_04.png photo revised-menu-bar-kim_05.png photo revised-menu-bar-kim_06.png photo revised-menu-bar-kim_07.png photo revised-menu-bar-kim_08.png

Sunday, July 14, 2013

One moment...Or was it?

Looking out the window of the American Airline 757 as it climbed from Miami International with destination Bolivia I couldn't help but think back to that moment when we made the decision to listen for where God would lead and respond in faithful obedience. As the plane climbed and the last piece of the only world we knew faded out of sight thoughts of how we got here began to race. I thought of my grandmother, Nanny as we affectionately called her, and the example she continues to have on my life. It is through her example that I have a better understanding of the joy you can have in The Lord despite your circumstance.  I think of my parents and their tireless consistency of modeling Christ to me in spite of my youthful rebellion.  Then the blessing of Kim and the incredible influence she continues to have on my life. There is not a doubt in my mind that I am a better man because of her. I think of a minister who invited us to their neighborhood life group and then because his public speaking schedule started to take off asked me, all of 23 years and absolutlely no experience, to lead the bible study.  I can go on and on as so many have shaped and guided my life up to this point.  

As the title suggests, there was a moment when we put our yes on the table, but it has been a lifetime of God moments that have brought us to this point in our journey.  May God and only He be glorified as we take each step forward. 

2 comments:

  1. It has been great to watch God in your life in just the last couple years and especially the last 12 months. The next twelve months will bring many more moments. I miss you guys. God Bless! Derek

    ReplyDelete